• You cannot reply to this topic

VWR 2011
A little slice of hell

Hail Cesar 

• Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Another year stuck in a virtual waiting room. Post your results or vent your frustrations.

BigSlick 

• Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

View PostHail Cesar, on 10 December 2011 - 10:01 AM, said:

Another year stuck in a virtual waiting room. Post your results or vent your frustrations.

I'm not taking part this year... I kinda miss it.

Hail Cesar 

• Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

View PostBigSlick, on 10 December 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm not taking part this year... I kinda miss it.

Trust me, Slick, you don't. I think it's slower than previous years.

Hail Cesar 

• Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

Success. Got a Sox Pax in section B87. Maybe the new system is better than I thought.

BigSlick 

• Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

Because I don't know where I'll be living come baseball season, I didn't try to get tickets this year. However, I was bored and just checked to see what tix were available and there are tons of single game seats and Sox Pax still available.

The Ghost of Ned Martin 

• The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

View PostBigSlick, on 11 December 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

Because I don't know where I'll be living come baseball season, I didn't try to get tickets this year. However, I was bored and just checked to see what tix were available and there are tons of single game seats and Sox Pax still available.

I'm not buying any tickets as long as Liverpool John and his two partners continue this nonsense of keeping spending in line in order to avoid crossing the Luxury Tax threshold. That is pure bullshit. These assholes are printing money. They bang out every game, drain every last concession dollar out of the fans during rain delays, and have among the most lucrative Radio and TV contracts in the league. I hope Red Sox fans haven't completely lost their collective minds and will not stand for this apparent austerity plan.

I suggest reading Ken Rosenthal's most recent column:

http://msn.foxsports...-options-121111

The Boston Red Sox are in a box.

A box that might prevent them from signing free-agent closer Ryan Madson, reduce their leverage in trade talks for Oakland Athletics closer Andrew Bailey and temper their pursuits of free-agent outfielder Carlos Beltran and Japanese right-hander Yu Davish.

I don't give a **** if they are forced to pay a 40% luxury tax. Put a team together that can help erase the utter humiliation this franchise endured last September and this offseason. People aren't going to buy into the ridiculous, "we care only about what is best for you fans," crap if they are going to pretend they are the Kansas City Royals.

This post has been edited by The Ghost of Ned Martin: 11 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

VoteRiceIn 

• Season Ticket Holder
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

I tried to get the OD Sox pack, got thru at approx noon (on Sat) but couldn't find pairs together so I passed on tickets this year. I have a 10th man plan and this is the first time that Christmas @ Fenway came & went without a word from the Sox as to what 10 games I'm getting for the upcoming season. It's nice knowing what games I'm getting in advance so I can try to get a Sox Pack that doesn't double up with my 10th man plan games. I can only assume that their stratagy for not informing 10th man plan ticket holders in advance is because they're going to try to include some of the games that didn't see a high demand in sales over weekend in hopes of stretching out the fraud of a sellout streak for a few weeks longer. That's my theory & I'm sticking to it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users