Royal Rooters: BOSTON at Detroit, Saturday, April 7, 2012 - Royal Rooters

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BOSTON at Detroit, Saturday, April 7, 2012
FINAL: Tigers 10, SOX 0

#1 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,532
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Game time: 4:05 pm

Scheduled starters: Josh Beckett (NR) v. Doug Fister (NR)

The game will be on FOX and WEEI

Detroit weather: 2 pm observation at KDET: Wind variable at 6 mph, visibility 10 miles, sky clear, temperature 60F, DP 24F

Forecast: Sunny and in the low 60s with a light breeze blowing in from right.
0

#2 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,532
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Boston                                  Detroit                               
 ------                                  -------                               
 
 Pos  Player               HR  RBI  AVG. Pos  Player              HR  RBI  AVG.
 ---  ------               --  ---  ---- ---  ------              --  ---  ----
  CF  Ellsbury, Jacoby      0    0  .000  CF  Jackson, Austin      0    1  .600 
  2B  Pedroia, Dustin       0    0  .250  RF  Boesch, Brennan      0    0  .000 
  1B  Gonzalez, Adrian      0    0  .333  3B  Cabrera, Miguel      0    0  .000 
  DH  Ortiz, David          0    1  .333  1B  Fielder, Prince      0    1  .333 
  3B  Youkilis, Kevin       0    0  .000  LF  Young, Delmon        0    0  .000 
  RF  Sweeney, Ryan         0    1  .500   C  Avila, Alex          0    1  .500 
  LF  Ross, Cody            0    0  .000  SS  Peralta, Jhonny      0    0  1.000 
   C  Saltalamacchia, Jarr  0    0  .000  DH  Dirks, Andy          0    0  .000 
  SS  Aviles, Mike          0    0  .000  2B  Raburn, Ryan         0    0  .250 
   P  Beckett, Josh (0-0, 0.00)            P  Fister, Doug (0-0, 0.00)        
 
 04/07 15:12:23 ET

0

#3 User is online  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 20,852
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Of note, "Fox" remains a code word for "Gayer than Joe Buck."

There is a 0% chance of me tuning in to my local Fox broadcast of "Angels at Royals," with a margin of error of +/- 0.

David Stern is a worthless cockbag, but at least when he blacks out a basketball game, it's to force people to watch shittier coverage of that same game on the useless NBA TV network. Bud Selig, take note. There's "doing things the wrong way," and then there's "doing things the even wronger way." You're wronger. Wronger than a cockbag.
0

#4 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,532
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Postrominer, on 07 April 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Of note, "Fox" remains a code word for "Gayer than Joe Buck."

There is a 0% chance of me tuning in to my local Fox broadcast of "Angels at Royals," with a margin of error of +/- 0.

David Stern is a worthless cockbag, but at least when he blacks out a basketball game, it's to force people to watch shittier coverage of that same game on the useless NBA TV network. Bud Selig, take note. There's "doing things the wrong way," and then there's "doing things the even wronger way." You're wronger. Wronger than a cockbag.


Extra Innings is free this week. I don't know how that affects the Fox broadcasts. Maybe you can get the game through somewhere?
0

#5 User is online  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 20,852
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostRedSoxAnni, on 07 April 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Extra Innings is free this week. I don't know how that affects the Fox broadcasts. Maybe you can get the game through somewhere?


Extra Innings does not include alternate Fox broadcasts. (Although it clearly should, as it would increase overall viewership without decreasing local Fox viewership. I'm not going to watch the Angels if the Red Sox are on. I'm not going to watch the Angels if the Red Sox aren't on. I imagine that the majority of baseball fans who are willing to shell out $150 or whatever it is for Extra Innings are the same they aren't going to watch the game that they don't want to watch just because the one they do want to watch is blacked out. The local Fox affiliate would not be losing any value.)

MLB.tv also blacks out games according to local restrictions. If I wanted to be all tech savvy and mask my IP address, log in via a proxy server, and so on, I could watch online. Otherwise, no.

Oh well. I see that we're already losing anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. If they win, I will watch highlights. If they lose, I will watch "Bruins in 2." Unless the Bruins also lose.
0

#6 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,532
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

View Postrominer, on 07 April 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

Extra Innings does not include alternate Fox broadcasts. (Although it clearly should, as it would increase overall viewership without decreasing local Fox viewership. I'm not going to watch the Angels if the Red Sox are on. I'm not going to watch the Angels if the Red Sox aren't on. I imagine that the majority of baseball fans who are willing to shell out $150 or whatever it is for Extra Innings are the same they aren't going to watch the game that they don't want to watch just because the one they do want to watch is blacked out. The local Fox affiliate would not be losing any value.)

MLB.tv also blacks out games according to local restrictions. If I wanted to be all tech savvy and mask my IP address, log in via a proxy server, and so on, I could watch online. Otherwise, no.

Oh well. I see that we're already losing anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. If they win, I will watch highlights. If they lose, I will watch "Bruins in 2." Unless the Bruins also lose.



All you are missing is Josh Beckett demonstrating the art of throwing hanging curves.
0

#7 User is offline  
roidrage 

  • Nose Goblin Collector
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 2,333
  • Joined: 03-March 05

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Can somebody please notify Josh Beckett that just because it is an even-numbered year, its not mandatory that he sucks?

Thank you,
Red Sox Nation
0

#8 User is offline  
Big Dog Dan 

  • Scruffay
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,836
  • Joined: 23-December 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Just picking up where they left off. Nothing to see here folks. Check back when the NHL playoffs are over.
0

#9 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,532
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

And it's back-to-back Beckett...

He's cooked.
0

#10 User is offline  
Big Dog Dan 

  • Scruffay
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,836
  • Joined: 23-December 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

This is high comedy. I'm laughing pretty hard at these morons.
0

#11 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,532
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

I predict that Josh Beckett will be booed at Fenway on Opening Day...
0

#12 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,532
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

The Bruins are tied with about five minutes left...
0

#13 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,532
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Bruins won in a shoot-out.. Oh, wrong game...
0

#14 User is offline  
FishCake 

  • Play Like Carl
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters
  • Posts: 2,939
  • Joined: 11-July 06

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostRedSoxAnni, on 07 April 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Bruins won in a shoot-out.. Oh, wrong game...


Damn, missed The Shirts Off Our Back. Hopefully they didn't make anyone get Corvo's. That would just be mean.

This post has been edited by FishCake: 07 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

0

#15 User is offline  
Hail Cesar 

  • Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters
  • Posts: 4,503
  • Joined: 30-June 04

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

When do home runs go under fences?

Yeah, I know that Becketga up 4 other homers, but that one was stupid on the umps part.

View PostFishCake, on 07 April 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Damn, missed The Shirts Off Our Back. Hopefully they didn't make anyone get Corvo's. That would just be mean.


You would take Corvo's shirt just to see his abbage.

That's probably the beer talking. HappyNational Beer Day.
0

#16 User is offline  
The Ghost of Ned Martin 

  • The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 8,002
  • Joined: 06-January 04

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostHail Cesar, on 07 April 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

When do home runs go under fences?

Yeah, I know that Becketga up 4 other homers, but that one was stupid on the umps part.


HC, did you see the replay? There was one replay angle that showed it was a HR. The ball clearly landed behind the wall and then bounced back to the fence.

This was just one game and it really means nothing but WOW, they could not have looked worse.

How long until Fat Asses Cabrera and Fielder 1) balloon up to 350 each, 2) blow a hamstring or 3) get drunk and beat up a woman?

**** Detroit.









0

#17 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,532
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Boston                             ab  r  h  2b  3b  hr  rbi  w  k  avg.
 Ellsbury, Jacoby cf                  3  0  0   0   0   0    0  0  0  .000
  McDonald, Darnell ph-cf             1  0  0   0   0   0    0  0  1  .000
 Pedroia, Dustin 2b                   3  0  0   0   0   0    0  1  1  .143
 Gonzalez, Adrian 1b                  4  0  2   0   0   0    0  0  2  .429
 Ortiz, David dh                      3  0  1   0   0   0    0  0  0  .333
  Shoppach, Kelly ph                  1  0  1   0   0   0    0  0  0 1.000
 Youkilis, Kevin 3b                   4  0  0   0   0   0    0  0  2  .000
 Sweeney, Ryan rf                     3  0  2   0   0   0    0  1  0  .571
 Ross, Cody lf                        4  0  0   0   0   0    0  0  2  .000
 Saltalamacchia, Jarrod c             3  0  1   1   0   0    0  0  1  .167
 Aviles, Mike ss                      3  0  0   0   0   0    0  0  2  .000
  Totals                             32  0  7   1   0   0    0  2 11 
 
  Detroit                            ab  r  h  2b  3b  hr  rbi  w  k  avg.
 Jackson, Austin cf                   3  1  1   1   0   0    1  2  1  .500
 Boesch, Brennan rf                   5  0  0   0   0   0    0  0  0  .000
 Cabrera, Miguel 3b                   5  2  2   0   0   2    3  0  1  .333
 Fielder, Prince 1b                   3  2  2   0   0   2    2  0  0  .500
  Kelly, Don 1b                       0  0  0   0   0   0    0  0  0  .000
 Young, Delmon lf                     4  2  2   0   0   0    0  0  0  .250
  Santiago, Ramon 2b                  0  0  0   0   0   0    0  0  0  .000
 Avila, Alex c                        4  2  2   0   0   1    2  0  0  .500
 Peralta, Jhonny ss                   4  1  1   0   0   0    0  0  0  .571
 Dirks, Andy dh                       4  0  2   0   0   0    1  0  0  .500
 Raburn, Ryan 2b-lf                   4  0  0   0   0   0    0  0  2  .125
  Totals                             36 10 12   1   0   5    9  2  4 
 
  Boston            0 0 0  0 0 0  0 0 0  --  0
  Detroit           2 0 0  3 2 1  2 0 X  -- 10
 
     E_J.Saltalamacchia, M.Aviles. LOB_Boston 7, Detroit 5. 2B_J.Saltalamacchia, 
 A.Jackson. HR_P.Fielder (1) off J.Beckett, P.Fielder (2) off J.Beckett, 
 A.Avila (1) off J.Beckett, M.Cabrera (1) off J.Beckett, M.Cabrera (2) off 
 J.Beckett. GIDP_K.Youkilis, C.Ross, B.Boesch. DP_Boston 1 (K.Youkilis, 
 D.Pedroia and A.Gonzalez); Detroit 2 (R.Raburn and P.Fielder), (J.Peralta, 
 R.Santiago and D.Kelly).
 
  Boston                      IP      H  R ER BB SO  HR  PC-ST   ERA
 Beckett, Josh (L 0-1)       4 2-3    7  7  7  1  3   5  83-59 13.50
 Atchison, Scott             1 1-3    2  1  1  0  0   0  20-13  6.75
 Albers, Matt                 2-3     2  2  1  0  0   0   15-8 13.50
 Thomas, Justin               1-3     1  0  0  0  1   0   10-6  0.00
 Bowden, Michael               1      0  0  0  1  0   0   10-5  0.00
 
  Detroit                     IP      H  R ER BB SO  HR  PC-ST   ERA
 Fister, Doug                3 2-3    3  0  0  1  3   0  53-29  0.00
 Below, Duane (W 1-0)        2 1-3    1  0  0  0  2   0  29-21  0.00
 Dotel, Octavio              1 1-3    1  0  0  0  3   0  22-13  0.00
 Coke, Phil                   2-3     0  0  0  1  2   0   14-7  0.00
 Benoit, Joaquin               1      2  0  0  0  1   0   16-9  0.00
 
 HBP_by M.Albers (P.Fielder). 
 T_2:53. A_44,710.
 Umpires_Home, Bill Miller; First, Dan Iassogna; 
         Second, CB Bucknor; Third, Dale Scott.
 
 04/07 19:15:38 ET

0

#18 User is online  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 20,852
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Clearly Fox is to blame for this outcome.

Assholes.
0

#19 User is offline  
Cudahy 

  • 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters
  • Posts: 1,488
  • Joined: 02-December 03

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

The big question here - Beckett gives up 5 homeruns for the first time in his career - is it because of his thumb?
0

#20 User is offline  
Hail Cesar 

  • Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters
  • Posts: 4,503
  • Joined: 30-June 04

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostThe Ghost of Ned Martin, on 07 April 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

HC, did you see the replay? There was one replay angle that showed it was a HR. The ball clearly landed behind the wall and then bounced back to the fence.


I saw the replay but i was at a bar and it looked like it snuck under the fence, so I could be wrong.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users