• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PawSox 2012 Thread

Hail Cesar 

• Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

I happened to be looking at the PawSox stats to check in on what Middlebrooks has been doing (yup, he's still tearing it up), when I noticed that Mauro Gomez is also having a good offensive season. His career minor league hitting stats are pretty good without getting a hint of playing time at the major league level. Gomez's defensive stats are not appealing, but you'd think that he could be a decent DH for a team at the major league level. So I did some research and discovered that during his time with the Braves he "beat up on cupcakes", so I guess it all makes sense now. Note to other prospects: do not beat up on cupcakes because it will cause holes in your swing at the major league level.

Let the random PawSox chatter continue....

Mike LansWho 

• Model citizen, zero discipline
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

It's probably worth noting that the Paw Sox won the Governor's Cup Championship. They have a shot at the Triple-A Championship tomorrow night in Durham against the Reno Aces. Maybe Arnie does have a chance to be the future Red Sox manager.

Manny's PS2 

• Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostHail Cesar, on 26 April 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

I happened to be looking at the PawSox stats to check in on what Middlebrooks has been doing (yup, he's still tearing it up), when I noticed that Mauro Gomez is also having a good offensive season. His career minor league hitting stats are pretty good without getting a hint of playing time at the major league level. Gomez's defensive stats are not appealing, but you'd think that he could be a decent DH for a team at the major league level. So I did some research and discovered that during his time with the Braves he "beat up on cupcakes", so I guess it all makes sense now. Note to other prospects: do not beat up on cupcakes because it will cause holes in your swing at the major league level.

Let the random PawSox chatter continue....

I hope they don;t trade him within the division so he beats up on our cupcakes.

Mike LansWho 

• Model citizen, zero discipline
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostMike LansWho, on 17 September 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

It's probably worth noting that the Paw Sox won the Governor's Cup Championship. They have a shot at the Triple-A Championship tomorrow night in Durham against the Reno Aces. Maybe Arnie does have a chance to be the future Red Sox manager.

Pawtucket lost that game, btw. Congratulations to the Reno Aceveses.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users