3 replies to this topic

#1 Hail Cesar

Hail Cesar

Rooters Hall of Fame

• Royal Rooters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

I happened to be looking at the PawSox stats to check in on what Middlebrooks has been doing (yup, he's still tearing it up), when I noticed that Mauro Gomez is also having a good offensive season. His career minor league hitting stats are pretty good without getting a hint of playing time at the major league level. Gomez's defensive stats are not appealing, but you'd think that he could be a decent DH for a team at the major league level. So I did some research and discovered that during his time with the Braves he "beat up on cupcakes", so I guess it all makes sense now. Note to other prospects: do not beat up on cupcakes because it will cause holes in your swing at the major league level.

Let the random PawSox chatter continue....

#2 Mike LansWho

Mike LansWho

Model citizen, zero discipline

• Rooters Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

It's probably worth noting that the Paw Sox won the Governor's Cup Championship. They have a shot at the Triple-A Championship tomorrow night in Durham against the Reno Aces. Maybe Arnie does have a chance to be the future Red Sox manager.

#3 Manny's PS2

Manny's PS2

Bippity Boppity Boo

• Rooters Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,429 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

I happened to be looking at the PawSox stats to check in on what Middlebrooks has been doing (yup, he's still tearing it up), when I noticed that Mauro Gomez is also having a good offensive season. His career minor league hitting stats are pretty good without getting a hint of playing time at the major league level. Gomez's defensive stats are not appealing, but you'd think that he could be a decent DH for a team at the major league level. So I did some research and discovered that during his time with the Braves he "beat up on cupcakes", so I guess it all makes sense now. Note to other prospects: do not beat up on cupcakes because it will cause holes in your swing at the major league level.

Let the random PawSox chatter continue....

I hope they don;t trade him within the division so he beats up on our cupcakes.

#4 Mike LansWho

Mike LansWho

Model citizen, zero discipline

• Rooters Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

It's probably worth noting that the Paw Sox won the Governor's Cup Championship. They have a shot at the Triple-A Championship tomorrow night in Durham against the Reno Aces. Maybe Arnie does have a chance to be the future Red Sox manager.

Pawtucket lost that game, btw. Congratulations to the Reno Aceveses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users