42 replies to this topic

#41 Love of Sox

Love of Sox

Rooters Hall of Fame

• Rooters Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:23 AM

Awe, come on, it's not that bad. Just remember, you could be a Rockies fan. You have no idea how much they've been forced to suffer. They were in 1st place briefly in july, but ended up tied for last in the weakest division in baseball, thanks in part to an awful front office and to possibly the worst manager in baseball in Clint Hurdle. They scored one more run than they allowed this year, and yet they finished 5 games below .500. This year was disappointing for Sox fans, but once you re-adjusted your expectations, there was a lot to enjoy.

Go Sox!

The "weakest division in baseball" has two playoff entrants with the 2nd and 3rd best records in the NL and no Baltimore and Tampa Bay to beat on. The Rockies have some great young players, Hawpe, Holliday, Sullivan, et al.

#42 Leephus Pitch

Leephus Pitch

A Greenville

• Royal Rooters
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

Awe, come on, it's not that bad. Just remember, you could be a Rockies fan. You have no idea how much they've been forced to suffer. They were in 1st place briefly in july, but ended up tied for last in the weakest division in baseball, thanks in part to an awful front office and to possibly the worst manager in baseball in Clint Hurdle. They scored one more run than they allowed this year, and yet they finished 5 games below .500. This year was disappointing for Sox fans, but once you re-adjusted your expectations, there was a lot to enjoy.

Go Sox!

Well, at least the Rockies fans get to watch their team in a modern park, with adult-sized seats, good sight lines, real restrooms, reasonable parking......don't get me started on THIS topic.

#43 Malzone64

Malzone64

Rooters Hall of Fame

• Royal Rooters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:03 PM

OK, so who do we get in the first round??

9:00 tee time, Your Favorite Muni, Anytown, USA.

Well, at least the Rockies fans get to watch their team in a modern park, with adult-sized seats, good sight lines, real restrooms, reasonable parking......don't get me started on THIS topic.

Some really good steak and chop houses around there too. :beer

But come on, I'd rather watch an A's - Red Sox game on TV than go to the Coliseum. Fenway? Rather be there every time. Try living thousands of miles away and then tell us about it. OK, to be fair, at the A's Coliseum, I'm in "enemy" territory, not so at Fenway, so I can tolerate some inconvenience. Still, at my size, I've not experienced any seat size problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users