Royal Rooters: What caused the Sox to walk away from Orlando Cabrera - Royal Rooters

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What caused the Sox to walk away from Orlando Cabrera
What were the whispers?

#21 User is offline  
coloradojack 

  • trust me
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 5,636
  • Joined: 16-December 03

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

awesome.
0

#22 User is offline  
acr 

  • Clay Buchholz stole my laptop
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters
  • Posts: 1,430
  • Joined: 31-October 06

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

What a curious choice of thread to bump after 3 years
0

#23 User is online  
MrNewEngland 

  • My name is dinosaur and I came here to party.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 5,462
  • Joined: 21-June 05

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

I really like this new guy.
0

#24 User is online  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 19,405
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

There remains one important question, though:

What the hell happened?
0

#25 User is offline  
coloradojack 

  • trust me
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 5,636
  • Joined: 16-December 03

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

he was pulling more 14's than i did in vegas?
0

#26 User is offline  
BigSlick 

  • Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 13,877
  • Joined: 16-April 06

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

View Postrominer, on 15 March 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

There remains one important question, though:

What the hell happened?


Mostly injuries to Beckett, Pedroia, Youkilis, Ellsbury, Cameron and just about everyone else derailed their chances in 2010. The additions of Adrian Gonzales and Carl Crawford, an improved bullpen, and the return to health of the aforementioned players have the the fans excited about their chances in 2011.

You're welcome.
0

#27 User is online  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 19,405
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

View PostBigSlick, on 15 March 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

Mostly injuries to Beckett, Pedroia, Youkilis, Ellsbury, Cameron and just about everyone else derailed their chances in 2010.


My left knee has been getting worse lately. I hope nobody is counting on me too much.
0

#28 User is offline  
BigSlick 

  • Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 13,877
  • Joined: 16-April 06

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

View Postrominer, on 15 March 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

My left knee has been getting worse lately. I hope nobody is counting on me too much.


We never do.
0

#29 User is online  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 19,405
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

This is comforting, and yet somewhat upsetting.

I would like to think that I matter, even if only a little bit.
0

#30 User is online  
MrNewEngland 

  • My name is dinosaur and I came here to party.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 5,462
  • Joined: 21-June 05

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

View Postrominer, on 15 March 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

This is comforting, and yet somewhat upsetting.

I would like to think that I matter, even if only a little bit.


What happens when you die? I don't mean to your body or anything... I mean do you just cease to "exist"? Are all your thoughts & conscience just gone. Is there an afterlife? Is reincarnation a thing?
0

#31 User is offline  
BigSlick 

  • Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 13,877
  • Joined: 16-April 06

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostMrNewEngland, on 15 March 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

What happens when you die? I don't mean to your body or anything... I mean do you just cease to "exist"? Are all your thoughts & conscience just gone. Is there an afterlife? Is reincarnation a thing?


I know you're asking Rom, but I'll jump in.

Your thoughts are energy. Energy can't be extinguished, so I do believe that you go on in some form.

The gf, being Hindu, believes in reincarnation... I can't buy that one.
0

#32 User is offline  
coloradojack 

  • trust me
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 5,636
  • Joined: 16-December 03

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

just because we have the ability to imagine an afterlife doesn't mean it exists. i reckon that's why they call it "faith".
0

#33 User is offline  
Red Sox Fan2 

  • Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters
  • Posts: 4,562
  • Joined: 02-September 05

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:43 AM

He was banging 7 gram rocks.
0

#34 User is offline  
Manny's PS2 

  • Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 9,200
  • Joined: 03-February 04

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

View PostBigSlick, on 15 March 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

I know you're asking Rom, but I'll jump in.

Your thoughts are energy. Energy can't be extinguished, so I do believe that you go on in some form.

The gf, being Hindu, believes in reincarnation... I can't buy that one.

Mr. NNE's thoughts are energy or are all our thoughts energy? Because that's horseshit.
You live, you are alive, you die, you are worm food. So live like there's no tomorrow, or die like there's no tomorrow. Either way, you win.

Proud atheist. 2010 Red sox died.

This post has been edited by Manny's PS2: 17 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

0

#35 User is offline  
BigSlick 

  • Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 13,877
  • Joined: 16-April 06

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

View PostManny, on 17 March 2011 - 09:59 AM, said:

Proud atheist.


I'm 95% atheist and 5% scared and looking for an out.
0

#36 User is offline  
Manny's PS2 

  • Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 9,200
  • Joined: 03-February 04

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

View PostBigSlick, on 17 March 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm 95% atheist and 5% scared and looking for an out.

Worm. Food. (so in some weird way, yeah, reincarnation - because worm poop is good for the earth. It's better than your stupid soul floating around.
0

#37 User is online  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 19,405
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:30 AM

View PostManny, on 17 March 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

Worm. Food. (so in some weird way, yeah, reincarnation - because worm poop is good for the earth. It's better than your stupid soul floating around.


Regular worm shit is good for the earth. Worm diarrhea is not. So eat right.
0

#38 User is offline  
coloradojack 

  • trust me
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 5,636
  • Joined: 16-December 03

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

I plan on being composted.
0

#39 User is offline  
BigSlick 

  • Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 13,877
  • Joined: 16-April 06

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

View Postrominer, on 17 March 2011 - 11:30 AM, said:

Regular worm shit is good for the earth. Worm diarrhea is not. So eat right.


I would think that worm diarrhea is even better for the soil because it not only nourishes the soil but it hydrates it as well.
0

#40 User is online  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 19,405
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

View PostBigSlick, on 17 March 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

I would think that worm diarrhea is even better for the soil because it not only nourishes the soil but it hydrates it as well.


Every time it rains, there are thousands of dead worms because they all drown while trying to escape the over-hydrated soil.

Same principle.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users