Royal Rooters: GAME 2: Cleveland at BOSTON, Saturday, October 13, 2007 - Royal Rooters

Jump to content

  • (57 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GAME 2: Cleveland at BOSTON, Saturday, October 13, 2007
FINAL: Indians 13, SOX 6 - 11 innings

#1 User is offline  
RedSoxAnni 

  • Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office
  • Posts: 25,387
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Post icon  Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

Game time: 8:21 pm EDT

Scheduled starters: Fausto Carmona (0,0, 1.00) v. Curt Schilling (1-0, 0.00)

The game will be on FOX, WRKO, and ESPN Radio


Boston weather: 1 pm observation at KBOS: Wind out of the northwest at 7 mph, visibility 10 miles, few clouds at 4,500 feet, temperatur 58F, DP 33F

Forecast: Chilly, but not as windy or damp as last night. A low over northern NE will move east late this evening and pull along a cold front that will move through the Boston area. That will happen around the time the game is ending. With very little moisture in the air, all we'll likely get out of it is a sprinkle or two. There will be no effect on the game. The air will be cool, in the low 50s, and dry tonight, with light winds out of the west, which is blowing out, but will probably not be a factor.
0

#2 User is offline  
ability 

  • Yessir
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 26-February 04

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

Amped for this game. Can't wait to see Carmona v. Ortiz. Wonder if Fausto can forget what happened last seaosn.
0

#3 User is offline  
Tony Soporno 

  • Short Season A Lowell
  • Pip
  • Group: New Member
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 17-September 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

All Schill has to do is give us six strong innings, and Manny D., Okajima, and Paps will take it from there. I think that we're going to Cleveland up 2-0, and will come back 3-2. Sox clinch it in game 6 at Fenway.

This post has been edited by Tony Soporno: 13 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

0

#4 User is offline  
RedSoxExtraInnings 

  • Gulf Coast
  • Group: New Member
  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 22-September 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:25 PM

View PostTony Soporno, on Oct 13 2007, 01:24 PM, said:

All Schill has to do is give us six strong innings, and Manny D., Okajima, and Paps will take it from there. I think that we're going to Cleveland up 2-0, and will come back 3-2. Sox clinch it in game 6 at Fenway.



This is an unfair advantage. Games 3 4 5 are at the Jake. That gives the Indians a chance to take a 3-2 lead. The Indians are pretty good at the Jake. :banghead
0

#5 User is offline  
BigSlick 

  • Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 14,423
  • Joined: 16-April 06

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:38 PM

View PostRedSoxExtraInnings, on Oct 13 2007, 03:21 PM, said:

This is an unfair advantage. Games 3 4 5 are at the Jake. That gives the Indians a chance to take a 3-2 lead. The Indians are pretty good at the Jake. :banghead

And the Red Sox are pretty good on the road. Would you rather they go 2-2-1-1-1? If the Sox can't win 1 out of 3 at Cleveland they don't deserve to be in the World Series anyway.
0

#6 User is offline  
BamaBoSox 

  • AAA Pawtucket
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters
  • Posts: 355
  • Joined: 27-August 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:55 PM

View PostRedSoxExtraInnings, on Oct 13 2007, 02:21 PM, said:

This is an unfair advantage. Games 3 4 5 are at the Jake. That gives the Indians a chance to take a 3-2 lead. The Indians are pretty good at the Jake. :banghead


No, it's not.

We have home field advantage and preserved it with last nights win.
0

#7 User is offline  
Red Sox Fan2 

  • Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters
  • Posts: 4,562
  • Joined: 02-September 05

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

The Angels had the best home record, fyi.
0

#8 User is offline  
Ralpho316 

  • Chair recognizes yo' ass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 4,890
  • Joined: 26-February 04

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:02 PM

View PostBamaBoSox, on Oct 13 2007, 04:51 PM, said:

No, it's not.

We have home field advantage and preserved it with last nights win.


Thats not true. If Cleveland wins tonight, they have home field:

Series tied 1-1
Games in Cleveland 3
Games in Boston 2
0

#9 User is offline  
The Ghost of Ned Martin 

  • The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 7,942
  • Joined: 06-January 04

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

View PostRalpho316, on Oct 13 2007, 05:58 PM, said:

Thats not true. If Cleveland wins tonight, they have home field:

Series tied 1-1
Games in Cleveland 3
Games in Boston 2


Yeah and if pigs could fly...The Red Sox HAVE homefield advantage. They preserved that with the win last night. You can speculate on what can happen all you want but it doesn't change the facts.

God, some of you absolutely seek out things to worry about.

This post has been edited by The Ghost of Ned Martin: 13 October 2007 - 05:17 PM

0

#10 User is offline  
Ralpho316 

  • Chair recognizes yo' ass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 4,890
  • Joined: 26-February 04

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

I really hope that wasnt directed at me, I am one of the least negative people on this site. He said we preserved it last night, but only for a night IF IF IF the Indians win tonight, they get it for the rest of the series.

Its all gonna be moot when we win tonight, I just thought he misspoke. Sorry boss.
0

#11 User is offline  
The Ghost of Ned Martin 

  • The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 7,942
  • Joined: 06-January 04

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:37 PM

View PostRalpho316, on Oct 13 2007, 06:19 PM, said:

I really hope that wasnt directed at me, I am one of the least negative people on this site. He said we preserved it last night, but only for a night IF IF IF the Indians win tonight, they get it for the rest of the series.

Its all gonna be moot when we win tonight, I just thought he misspoke. Sorry boss.


Wasn't aimed at you Ralpho. I just used your post as a reference point. I just can't believe anyone here is worried about whether the playoff format is fair. Bottom line is that the Sox get 4 HOME games...the Indians get 3. That is home field advantage and it's perfectly fair.
0

#12 User is offline  
jbelushi 

  • 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 1,504
  • Joined: 09-February 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

game 2 alcs bring it on, signing on here from downunder, figure about 1 1/2 hours to game time, been an amazing night already, looking foward to capping it off with another (hopefully) demolition of cleveland, actually ill settle for a 1 -0 victory, suppose we all would,wish for all of you a great game, wish for all of you that you had this weather over there, 8 30 am and already about 74 on your scale, according to annie you have no rain though, thanks again for that,

bring it on cleveland, lets go red sox, 2-0 to take to the jake
0

#13 User is offline  
Eb70s 

  • Draft Choice
  • Group: New Member
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 13-October 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

We make it past the Tribe and face the Rockies, we got our work cut out.

Right now Colorado is on the hottest streak in MLB post season history.

Whatever happens, this is setting up to be an epic showdown...
0

#14 User is offline  
Sox Sweep Again 

  • Mountain zoned.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 8,850
  • Joined: 26-November 04

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:45 PM

View PostEb70s, on Oct 13 2007, 06:40 PM, said:

We make it past the Tribe and face the Rockies, we got our work cut out.

Right now Colorado is on the hottest streak in MLB post season history.

Whatever happens, this is setting up to be an epic showdown...


Yeah, it's gonna be great.
0

#15 User is offline  
jbelushi 

  • 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 1,504
  • Joined: 09-February 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

View PostEb70s, on Oct 14 2007, 08:40 AM, said:

We make it past the Tribe and face the Rockies, we got our work cut out.

Right now Colorado is on the hottest streak in MLB post season history.

Whatever happens, this is setting up to be an epic showdown...

yes they are, but watching the game yesterday, the dbacks got some absolutely filthy calls at crucial moments, i know this is part of baseball but jeez some of those calls sucked, the rockies had some sensational defence as well, cant see the dbacks getting back from 0 -2 though
0

#16 User is offline  
acr 

  • Clay Buchholz stole my laptop
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters
  • Posts: 1,430
  • Joined: 31-October 06

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

NESN is showing one of Fausto Carmona's closer experiment games right now.

Cruel, but hilarious.
0

#17 User is offline  
amanuel777 

  • Short Season A Lowell
  • Pip
  • Group: New Member
  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: 03-June 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

View Postjbelushi, on Oct 13 2007, 06:34 PM, said:

game 2 alcs bring it on, signing on here from downunder, figure about 1 1/2 hours to game time, been an amazing night already, looking foward to capping it off with another (hopefully) demolition of cleveland, actually ill settle for a 1 -0 victory, suppose we all would,wish for all of you a great game, wish for all of you that you had this weather over there, 8 30 am and already about 74 on your scale, according to annie you have no rain though, thanks again for that,

bring it on cleveland, lets go red sox, 2-0 to take to the jake



View Postjbelushi, on Oct 13 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

yes they are, but watching the game yesterday, the dbacks got some absolutely filthy calls at crucial moments, i know this is part of baseball but jeez some of those calls sucked, the rockies had some sensational defence as well, cant see the dbacks getting back from 0 -2 though


Not to be a pain in the butt, but does Aussie English punctuation contain periods? I'm running out of breath reading this. :D :banana:
0

#18 User is offline  
jbelushi 

  • 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 1,504
  • Joined: 09-February 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:04 PM

View Postamanuel777, on Oct 14 2007, 08:56 AM, said:

Not to be a pain in the butt, but does Aussie English punctuation contain periods? I'm running out of breath reading this. :D :banana:

lmao...isn't what commas mean, sorry i may have missed your point, but i'll try to be more succint in future mate
0

#19 User is offline  
MNDirtDog 

  • Draft Choice
  • Group: New Member
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 15-September 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:26 PM

Checking in after a few weeks off from Minnesota....

We've got lots of cold brew for a few other New England transplants coming over, the big screen plasma set up with the mute button at the ready. No one here will be hearing Dirty Watah until the time is appropriate (thanks FOX :banghead ).

Let's ding Carmona around like his pancake-stacked counterpart and keep the sick offensive numbers from 2-5 dialed in.
0

#20 User is offline  
The Ghost of Ned Martin 

  • The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 7,942
  • Joined: 06-January 04

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

Carmona will be tougher than Sabathia was last night but if Sox hitters take the same, patient approach, they'll get to him. He's a young guy and while he has been very effective this year, the playoffs are a completely different animal. We know one thing, Schilling knows what it takes to win post season games. The question to be answered is, will Carmona be affected by the pressure? Let's face it, whether they are heading back to Cleveland or not, the Indians down 0-2 will be on life support.
0

  • (57 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users