Royal Rooters: GAME 5: BOSTON at Cleveland, Thursday, October 18, 2007 - Royal Rooters

• (58 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GAME 5: BOSTON at Cleveland, Thursday, October 18, 2007
Final: SOX 7, Indians 1 - And back to Fenway!

RedSoxAnni 

• Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office

Post icon  Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

Game time: 8:21 pm EDT

Scheduled starters: Josh Beckett (2-0, 1.20) v. C.C. Sabathia (1-1, 10.61)

The game will be on FOX, WRKO, and ESPN Radio

Cleveland weather: Noon observation at KCLE: Wind out of the south at 21 mph, with gusts to 28 mph; visibility 5 miles in light rain; broken clouds at 2,500 feet, overcast layer at 4,600 feet; temperature 66F, DP 59F

Forecast: Complex... There's a warm front north of the area, over Lake Erie. That is responsible for the showers the area is seeing right now. The more significant factor is a cold front that's in the vicinity of the Mississippi River, moving east. Accompanying the front is an upper level jet that's been measured with windspeeds over 120 mph (which will add a good hour to those flights to the left coast). The jet is providing the energy for lifting of the air mass, and that instability is setting the stage for some severe weather. A lot of the midwest, west of the Mississippi, has been under tornado warnings since last night. All of that moves east, toward Cleveland. And it'll catch up with the East Coast late Friday, although it will lose a lot of its energy by then.

So it looks like showers and a chance of thundershowers this afternoon, associated with the warm front. Then, there's a chance of severe weather ahead of teh cold front. Depending on movement, the worst of it might not get to Cleveland until later in the evening, but with the game starting at 8:21 pm, later in the evening is probably the seventh inning.

Right now, the local stations are reporting gusty winds out of the south. At KCLE, gusts are to 28 mph. A south wind blows OUT. The winds might diminish a bit this evening, but we should expect a stiff wind blowing out.

Updates to follow.

Anni

Pedro El Grande 

• AA Portland
  • PipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:39 AM

I have this feeling that our run ends tonight in Cleveland.

#3 Guest_Cheap Char_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:42 AM

View PostPedro El Grande, on Oct 18 2007, 12:35 PM, said:

I hope you are wrong!

I see a Game 6 coming up..............

Red Sox Fan2 

• Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

As everyone may know, I am the biggest defeatist there is on these game boards, however, I'm saying with full confidence the Sox win. I think Beckett will look human and give up 3-4 runs and Papi or Manny will put the Sox back on top in the 9th. Bank it.

This post has been edited by Red Sox Fan2: 18 October 2007 - 11:54 AM

Jason Flatley 

• A Greenville
  • Pip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

I agree I believe there will be at least a game 6. I really think they will pull through tonight. We really need to get on the board as soon as possible to really get something going here.

amanuel777 

• Short Season A Lowell
  • Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:49 PM

WTF? This only comes to show that the injuns are so f*cking insecure despite their lead and HFA.

"Teams have been known to go to extraordinary lengths to get an edge. But the Cleveland Indians swear Thursday night's choice of pre-game singer is not a piece of gamesmanship.

Danielle Peck, a country music singer who also happened to date Red Sox ace pitcher Josh Beckett, will sing the national anthem and "God Bless America" at tonight's Game 5 in Cleveland. Beckett is scheduled to start the game for Boston.

"It's an incredible coincidence. Honestly," said Indians spokesman Bob DiBiasio.

Taylor Swift was supposed to be the Game 5 vocalist, but when she couldn't attend, DiBiasio said a country music booker recommended the up-and-coming Peck. She is from Coshocton and her single "I Don't" is a hit.

"She's from Ohio. Her entire family are Indians fans. We did not know anything about her connections to Beckett. The next day, we find out the rest of the story," said DiBiasio of Peck. "How are we supposed to know who Josh Beckett dates?"

Dewey Rice 

• Bye Bye Winter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

Danielle Peck, a country music singer who also happened to date Red Sox ace pitcher Josh Beckett, will sing the national anthem and "God Bless America" at tonight's Game 5 in Cleveland. Beckett is scheduled to start the game for Boston

No biggie really. I assume she asked Beckett if he was cool with it, and we won't see tears flowing from him between warm up pitches.

amanuel777 

• Short Season A Lowell
  • Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:04 PM

View PostDewey Rice, on Oct 18 2007, 01:51 PM, said:

No biggie really. I assume she asked Beckett if he was cool with it, and we won't see tears flowing from him between warm up pitches.

In moments like this I tend to suspect everybody and everything.

Ralpho316 

• Chair recognizes yo' ass
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:10 PM

This is just gonna make Beckett even more pissed, watch out Cleveland.

NJSoxFan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

I have a feeling tonight is going to be a 3-0 Sox victory, behind some very strong pitching by Beckett, and a bomb from Manny

I don't think these guys are ready to go home just yet

Bozzs 

• 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

View Postamanuel777, on Oct 18 2007, 01:45 PM, said:

WTF? This only comes to show that the injuns are so f*cking insecure despite their lead and HFA.
"Teams have been known to go to extraordinary lengths to get an edge. But the Cleveland Indians swear Thursday night's choice of pre-game singer is not a piece of gamesmanship.

Danielle Peck, a country music singer who also happened to date Red Sox ace pitcher Josh Beckett, will sing the national anthem and "God Bless America" at tonight's Game 5 in Cleveland. Beckett is scheduled to start the game for Boston.

"It's an incredible coincidence. Honestly," said Indians spokesman Bob DiBiasio.

Taylor Swift was supposed to be the Game 5 vocalist, but when she couldn't attend, DiBiasio said a country music booker recommended the up-and-coming Peck. She is from Coshocton and her single "I Don't" is a hit.

"She's from Ohio. Her entire family are Indians fans. We did not know anything about her connections to Beckett. The next day, we find out the rest of the story," said DiBiasio of Peck. "How are we supposed to know who Josh Beckett dates?"

Sounds like BS to me !
just a coincidence my ars !
we had NO idea :thumbdown
Hopefully Josh dumped her :thumbsup

Jason Flatley 

• A Greenville
  • Pip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:36 PM

Im sure that Peck singing tonight is a sign of something..........just not too sure what that sign is yet.

LETS GO SOX!!!!!

CrazyJoeDavola 

• AA Portland
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

Have we had a montage this series yet?

#14 User is online  
rominer 

• Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

View PostPedro El Grande, on Oct 18 2007, 09:35 AM, said:

Considering that the run we're on right now is a 3 game losing streak...you are 100% correct. If we win, that run is over. If we lose, that run is still over.

Daring prediction.

BamaBoSox 

• AAA Pawtucket
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

View Postrominer, on Oct 18 2007, 01:50 PM, said:

Considering that the run we're on right now is a 3 game losing streak...you are 100% correct. If we win, that run is over. If we lose, that run is still over.

Daring prediction.

... and tonight, the killing begins.

Eh?

#16 User is online  
rominer 

• Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:08 PM

View PostBamaBoSox, on Oct 18 2007, 11:53 AM, said:

... and tonight, the killing begins.

Eh?

One way or another. Yes.

:socks

Locklandworth 

• 40 Man Roster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

You know how hard it would be to find a female singer Beckett hasn't slept with?

VoteRiceIn 

• Season Ticket Holder
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

View Postamanuel777, on Oct 18 2007, 01:45 PM, said:

Danielle Peck, a country music singer who also happened to date Red Sox ace pitcher Josh Beckett, will sing the national anthem and "God Bless America" at tonight's Game 5 in Cleveland.

Beckett: 'Since his time with the Marlins, Beckett has dated actress Alyssa Milano, model Leeann Tweeden and country singer Danielle Peck. But these days he's with Whitney Hayes, the younger sister of his personal trainer and Spring High School classmate Randon Hayes.' Source

Good for him & now that he's seen her naked, he can picture Daniella Peck completely nude any time he wants simply by closing his eyes, even during the National Anthem. That should put a smile on this face before the start of the game. I'm also certain that he takes some comfort in knowing that he's ruined her for other men.

Now here's some good reading to help take up some time before first pitch: MLB - Red Sox Game Notes

Fun Fact: The Red Sox are 21-11 all time in post season elimination games.

Let's make it 22!!

This post has been edited by VoteRiceIn: 18 October 2007 - 03:34 PM

rpry17a 

• 40 Man Roster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

If we can pull this one out, we take it back to Boston, where anything can happen.

:sox

This post has been edited by rpry17a: 18 October 2007 - 02:31 PM

NY redsox fan 

• A Greenville
  • Pip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:45 PM

I'm passing on seeing Springsteen tonight so I can cheer the boys on so let's go team!

• (58 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users