Royal Rooters: General MLB discussion thread - Royal Rooters

Jump to content

  • (60 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General MLB discussion thread
Because I'm too lazy to look thread for a specific team

#1 User is offline  
yazgoesbacklooksupitsgone 

  • I got it! I got it!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,723
  • Joined: 11-December 03

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

Remember when Grady Little was fired? OK, dumb question.
Remember how one of the reasons the FO was dissatisified with him was because they spent all this time and effort preparing all these elaborate stat packages for him and Grady couldn't be bothered to wipe his ass with it?

Well, get a load of Dusty Baker of the Reds.
0

#2 User is offline  
Renton 

  • 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 1,701
  • Joined: 14-February 08

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/05/ange...udy-seanez.html

Awesome.
0

#3 User is offline  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 19,904
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

F**k the Angels. Where was that move when we needed it last week?

He wouldn't even have to have thrown a pitch. If he had been in the Angels' bullpen spreading his leprosy, we would have swept that series.

And David Ortiz probably would have hit a grand slam.

I hope he blows a lot of games against Oakland. Home games. Angels fans have this "we want to kind of sort of be tough like Dodgers fans" thing going on whenever Oakland comes to town.
0

#4 User is offline  
BigSlick 

  • Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 14,308
  • Joined: 16-April 06

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

Smooth move by Joe Maddon yesterday to have the starting pitcher batting 3rd in the lineup... and of course he ends up hitting an RBI double.

Edit for link mlb.com

This post has been edited by BigSlick: 18 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

0

#5 User is offline  
jackson 

  • Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,793
  • Joined: 02-April 07

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

Speaking of Joe Maddon, his team blew a 10-2 lead to Cleveland tonight. The Indians scored a bunch of runs in the bottom of the ninth off Randy Choate (!), Grant Balfour, and Jason Isringhausen, who walked the first three batters he faced, setting up V-Mart's game-winning single.

There's a lot of teams that don't like the Rays. You tell me why. They are no longer cute and huggable. Rominer never liked them. :mellow:
0

#6 User is offline  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 19,904
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

Mr. T just did a killer rendition of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" at Wrigley.
0

#7 User is offline  
TimlinIn8th 

  • 40 Man Roster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 1,230
  • Joined: 01-December 03

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:14 AM

View Postrominer, on May 25 2009, 10:51 PM, said:

Mr. T just did a killer rendition of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" at Wrigley.



0

#8 User is offline  
The Ghost of Ned Martin 

  • The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 7,921
  • Joined: 06-January 04

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:01 AM

View Postjackson, on May 25 2009, 10:08 PM, said:

There's a lot of teams that don't like the Rays. You tell me why. They are no longer cute and huggable. Rominer never liked them. :mellow:


Rominer doesn't like anyone. He's a psychopath.

But the Rays are worthy of dislike. Why? I feel like they act like they've actually accomplished something. Maybe it's me but one appearance in the World Series doesn't make you the 27 Yankees. They have tons of young talent but let's see how they do when the have targets on their collective backs for an entire season. And while I like Joe Maddon, I'm getting sick of hearing what a genius he is.

Oh and Carl Crawford is a cheap shotting little bastard. Let's not forget, "Big Game," James and Matt "Spittle," Garza.

'Nuf Ced.
0

#9 User is offline  
jackson 

  • Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,793
  • Joined: 02-April 07

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

View PostThe Ghost of Ned Martin, on May 26 2009, 08:01 AM, said:

Rominer doesn't like anyone. He's a psychopath.

But the Rays are worthy of dislike. Why? I feel like they act like they've actually accomplished something. Maybe it's me but one appearance in the World Series doesn't make you the 27 Yankees. They have tons of young talent but let's see how they do when the have targets on their collective backs for an entire season. And while I like Joe Maddon, I'm getting sick of hearing what a genius he is.

Oh and Carl Crawford is a cheap shotting little bastard. Let's not forget, "Big Game," James and Matt "Spittle," Garza.

'Nuf Ced.

Can I feel sorry for Toronto? The Jays had an 8-3 lead in Baltimore today with Halladay on the mound. Cito pulls his horse after 7 innings and 102 pitches. Orioles scored 5 in the bottom of the 8th, it's 8-8 in the bottom of the 10th.

The Jays may never win again. I love them very much. :rolleyes:
0

#10 User is offline  
LargerMass 

  • Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 1,258
  • Joined: 16-March 05

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:14 PM

View Postjackson, on May 27 2009, 04:58 PM, said:

Can I feel sorry for Toronto? The Jays had an 8-3 lead in Baltimore today with Halladay on the mound. Cito pulls his horse after 7 innings and 102 pitches. Orioles scored 5 in the bottom of the 8th, it's 8-8 in the bottom of the 10th.

The Jays may never win again. I love them very much. :rolleyes:

Cito's takin' some heat with the recent loosing streak. My wife's favorite team. She used to work for them before I stole her from Toronto and smuggled her to Brooklyn. We're heading up this weekend for the "cheap seats" Friday night and then some decent field level seats for Saturday's matinee. Hopefully they will have the roof open.

A buddy of mine keeps wishing for a Boston v. Toronto ALCS... pretty much means I'd be in a hotel for 10 days.
0

#11 User is offline  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 19,904
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

What good is being in a hotel for 10 days if your wife is there with you?
0

#12 User is offline  
Renton 

  • 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 1,701
  • Joined: 14-February 08

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

And after Toronto takes a 10-8 lead in the 11th they give up 4 in the bottom of the inning and lose. Good stuff.
0

#13 User is offline  
jackson 

  • Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,793
  • Joined: 02-April 07

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

View Postrominer, on May 27 2009, 05:16 PM, said:

What good is being in a hotel for 10 days if your wife is there with you?

Robbie Alomar used to rent an apartment in the SkyDome during his Blue Jay days. Strange bird.
0

#14 User is offline  
LargerMass 

  • Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 1,258
  • Joined: 16-March 05

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

View Postrominer, on May 27 2009, 05:16 PM, said:

What good is being in a hotel for 10 days if your wife is there with you?

Ummm, she would be at our apartment? Whilst I'm pulling a post Black Sabbath Ozzy somewhere in midtown. Boston v. Toronto ALCS just might spell divorce if we watch the games under the same roof.
0

#15 User is offline  
rominer 

  • Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 19,904
  • Joined: 11-November 04

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

View PostLargerMass, on May 27 2009, 03:05 PM, said:

Ummm, she would be at our apartment? Whilst I'm pulling a post Black Sabbath Ozzy somewhere in midtown. Boston v. Toronto ALCS just might spell divorce if we watch the games under the same roof.


Ohhhhhhhhhh.

I thought you were talking about spending 10 days going back and forth from Toronto to Boston.

I take it all back. Boston vs. Toronto would be like living the dream.
0

#16 User is offline  
jackson 

  • Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,793
  • Joined: 02-April 07

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

Nomar went back home today ... to the DL. He spends more time there than with Mia.
0

#17 User is offline  
TimlinIn8th 

  • 40 Man Roster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 1,230
  • Joined: 01-December 03

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

View Postrominer, on May 27 2009, 05:16 PM, said:

What good is being in a hotel for 10 days if your wife is there with you?


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/kenshorin/teamwork.jpg

...just saying, if your wife is into that sort of thing...
0

#18 User is offline  
yazgoesbacklooksupitsgone 

  • I got it! I got it!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,723
  • Joined: 11-December 03

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

Coco Crisp doesn't care for a flock of seagulls.

If you get a chance to see the video, it's pretty amazing.
With the winning run on second in the bottom of the 10th, Choo of the Indians hit a liner right into a flock of seagulls in short center. Coco is charging for the ball and all of a sudden there is this explosion of white in all directions as all the birds take flight, and coco misplays the ball. .

This post has been edited by yazgoesbacklooksupitsgone: 12 June 2009 - 10:13 AM

0

#19 User is offline  
jackson 

  • Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,793
  • Joined: 02-April 07

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

View Postyazgoesbacklooksupitsgone, on Jun 12 2009, 11:12 AM, said:

Coco Crisp doesn't care for a flock of seagulls.

If you get a chance to see the video, it's pretty amazing.
With the winning run on second in the bottom of the 10th, Choo of the Indians hit a liner right into a flock of seagulls in short center. Coco is charging for the ball and all of a sudden there is this explosion of white in all directions as all the birds take flight, and coco misplays the ball. .

Seagulls and midges. Welcome to Cleveland. Occasionally they toss in a squirrel for humorous reasons.

The flying things are not funny.
0

#20 User is offline  
yazgoesbacklooksupitsgone 

  • I got it! I got it!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter
  • Posts: 3,723
  • Joined: 11-December 03

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

View Postjackson, on Jun 12 2009, 11:28 AM, said:

Seagulls and midges. Welcome to Cleveland. Occasionally they toss in a squirrel for humorous reasons.

The flying things are not funny.


I'm thinking the grounds crew at progressive needs to get really progressive and have black Labs stationed on each foul line. One bird lands on the field, no problem. Two, 3, 4, even 5, no big deal. A group of 5 + clustered together, then it's "release the hounds" Birds leave the field, dogs get exercise and fans get a show. Winners all around.
0

  • (60 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users