The injury Gods hate us this year.

BigSlick 

• Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5440748

rominer 

• Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:06 PM

I don't feel even a tiny bit guilty about wishing the same fate upon no less than a dozen New York Yankees.

Tampa Bay, whatever. Let them have their moment before all their good players become Yankees. But f**k the Yankees.

That's what I take out of this. I wish harm upon other human beings.

VoteRiceIn 

• Season Ticket Holder
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

2006 redux

The Ghost of Ned Martin 

• The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

What I want out of this season is for the Rays to finish ahead of the Yankees and then beat them in the post season. The ridicule they will face for having been bitch slapped by a team with payroll that is $135m less than the Yanks will be delicious. Brian Cashman sucks dead homeless guy dick. The Steinrenner kiddies will have soiled their (Felon) father's memory. Yankee fans will start naming all the players on the current roster who are not, "TRUE YANKEES."

That plus they will be left to wonder why the genius Cashman thought it was a good idea to trade Austin Jackson.

JMDurron 

• Season Ticket Holder
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

View PostVoteRiceIn, on 05 August 2010 - 05:09 PM, said:

2006 redux

It's still better than 2006, so long as we're watching Clay Buchholz pitch instead of Jason Johnson. Also, I'll take Kevin Cash over Javy Lopez, as disturbing as it is to type that sentence.

rominer 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

View PostThe Ghost of Ned Martin, on 06 August 2010 - 06:42 AM, said:

That plus they will be left to wonder why the genius Cashman thought it was a good idea to trade Austin Jackson.

To make room for Austin Kearns. Obvy.

acr 

• Clay Buchholz stole my laptop
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

Honestly I'd rather see the Yankees win than Tampa. **** Tampa, bunch of lucky little pricks.

roidrage 

• Nose Goblin Collector
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

View Postacr, on 06 August 2010 - 12:02 PM, said:

Honestly I'd rather see the Yankees win than Tampa. **** Tampa, bunch of lucky little pricks.

This might be a bannable offense...

VoteRiceIn 

• Season Ticket Holder
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

View PostJMDurron, on 06 August 2010 - 07:27 AM, said:

It's still better than 2006, so long as we're watching Clay Buchholz pitch instead of Jason Johnson. Also, I'll take Kevin Cash over Javy Lopez.

And would you prefer to be diagnosed with gonorrhea or cirrhosis of the liver?

Yanks Sweep Sox in 5 game set - Aug 2006
I had tickets to 3 of these 5 games....I'll never forget 'em. Honestly, that weekend shook me to my very core.
And recently, usually when it's late at night and I'm having a little trouble falling sleeping, I've been having flashbacks....it's nothing pretty. My wife and I try to hide it from the kids, I'm mean they're so young, but they know something isn't right. I've said to much about it already....

This post has been edited by VoteRiceIn: 06 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

rominer 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

View PostVoteRiceIn, on 06 August 2010 - 01:11 PM, said:

I had tickets to 3 of these 5 games....I'll never forget 'em.

I was at "the longest 9 inning MLB game in history," aka Lester's last game before being diagnosed with cancer.

If that shit happens again, then f**k everyone.

rominer 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

View Postacr, on 06 August 2010 - 12:02 PM, said:

Lucky that they are the best team in baseball?

Barring the Sox ever getting healthy (and I think "Youk out for season" pretty well bars that), I think the Rays are the best team out there.

What's the Yankees' rotation? CC Sabathia, Andy Pettitte back on HGH, a couple of vastly overpaid underachievers, and Phil Hughes, who after making a case for himself as the Yankees ace the first two months of the season has posted a 5.05 ERA ever since.

$135 million of offense helps. But f**k that. The Rays are better. And they're not the Yankees. And their entire payroll is barely half the payroll of the Yankees offense. That's three reasons I can think of why I would much rather root for them. Plus they have no fans, which means I don't have to listen to their asshole fans talking about how New York is the greatest city in the world.

Jack Hayden 

• 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

Definitely gonorrhea. Is this even a question?

Or wait, do you mean Tampa is gonorrhea and the yanks are more like cirrhosis and that was your point all along?

I'm so confused.

JMDurron 

• Season Ticket Holder
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

View Postrominer, on 06 August 2010 - 01:53 PM, said:

Lucky that they are the best team in baseball?

Barring the Sox ever getting healthy (and I think "Youk out for season" pretty well bars that), I think the Rays are the best team out there.

What's the Yankees' rotation? CC Sabathia, Andy Pettitte back on HGH, a couple of vastly overpaid underachievers, and Phil Hughes, who after making a case for himself as the Yankees ace the first two months of the season has posted a 5.05 ERA ever since.

$135 million of offense helps. But f**k that. The Rays are better. And they're not the Yankees. And their entire payroll is barely half the payroll of the Yankees offense. That's three reasons I can think of why I would much rather root for them. Plus they have no fans, which means I don't have to listen to their asshole fans talking about how New York is the greatest city in the world.

The Rays are neither lucky nor better with their offense playing like their payroll indicates that they should, and with 2/5 of their rotation having their shoulders examined over the weekend. They might actually be catchable if this keeps up, all the Red Sox need is for Longoria to get hit by a drunk ex-Yankee driver.

Mike LansWho 

• Model citizen, zero discipline
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

View PostJMDurron, on 09 August 2010 - 07:45 AM, said:

They might actually be catchable if this keeps up, all the Red Sox need is for Longoria to get hit by a drunk ex-Yankee driver.

Or, just put Longoria on a horse on Cooper Road in the Warren County town of Morrison, Tennessee.

BigSlick 

• Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

View PostMike LansWho, on 09 August 2010 - 10:43 AM, said:

Or, just put Longoria on a horse on Cooper Road in the Warren County town of Morrison, Tennessee.

I would have killed 2 birds with one stone and gone with a drunk current Yankee driver.

rominer 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

View PostJMDurron, on 09 August 2010 - 07:45 AM, said:

The Rays are neither lucky nor better with their offense playing like their payroll indicates that they should, and with 2/5 of their rotation having their shoulders examined over the weekend. They might actually be catchable if this keeps up, all the Red Sox need is for Longoria to get hit by a drunk ex-Yankee driver.

This may also be true.

But if all teams are healthy, I think the Yankees are only the 3rd best.

I might also be biased, because I honestly hope that one of these days their stadium collapses and everybody inside is killed except for the opposing team.

F**k the Yankees.

JMDurron 

• Season Ticket Holder
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

View Postrominer, on 09 August 2010 - 12:12 PM, said:

This may also be true.

But if all teams are healthy, I think the Yankees are only the 3rd best.

I hate the Yankees too, but their lineup, when totally healthy (therefore I make A-Rod and Posada totally healthy, just as I would Mike Cameron and Marco Scutaro), is several orders of magnitude better than Tampa's, and their rotation is not far enough behind the Rays' to call the Rays the better team. If all teams are healthy, the Rays are sitting in third place, IMO. We might be up on NY by 0.5-1 games, but we'd both be a solid 3-4 games up on Tampa Bay.

FoulkeYeah! 

• A Lancaster
  • Pip

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

I had tickets to 3 of these 5 games....I'll never forget 'em. Honestly, that weekend shook me to my very core.
And recently, usually when it's late at night and I'm having a little trouble falling sleeping, I've been having flashbacks....it's nothing pretty. My wife and I try to hide it from the kids, I'm mean they're so young, but they know something isn't right. I've said to much about it already....

...! I was there for 4 of em. Johnny bleepin Damon went off all freaking weekend which was the worst thing that could happen until......my mom died Sunday night. Flew out after the Monday day game. The worst vacation ever.

So many things happened that weekend I wish I could forget, the first was getting on the plane to Boston.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users