Royal Rooters: Yankee Fans: Scum of the earth - Royal Rooters

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yankee Fans: Scum of the earth
Can we shoot first when we see a Yankee hat?

Manny's PS2 

• Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

Crime Blotter Has a Regular: Yankees CapsYankee fans kill, rape, molest and are generally bad people

http://www.nytimes.c...ps.html?_r=1

Gym-locker heists, bank robberies, daylight holdups — these New York City crimes have only one thing in common, and it is not the culprits.

It is the Yankees caps they wore.

A curious phenomenon has emerged at the intersection of fashion, sports and crime: dozens of men and women who have robbed, beaten, stabbed and shot at their fellow New Yorkers have done so while wearing Yankees caps or clothing.

Bad writing: Curious? Uhh, no I think "obvious" would be the better descriptor.

This post has been edited by Manny's PS2: 17 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

CTLovesTheSox 

• Don't mess with this guy
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:38 AM

Here's a heartwarming story...

Yankee Fan stabs Red Sox fan after argument at bar

yazgoesbacklooksupitsgone 

• I got it! I got it!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

View PostManny, on 17 September 2010 - 09:13 AM, said:

Crime Blotter Has a Regular: Yankees CapsYankee fans kill, rape, molest and are generally bad people

http://www.nytimes.c...ps.html?_r=1

Bad writing: Curious? Uhh, no I think "obvious" would be the better descriptor.

Since 2000, more than 100 people who have been suspects or persons of interest in connection with serious crimes in New York City wore Yankees apparel at the time of the crimes or at the time of their arrest or arraignment. The tally is based on a review of New York Police Department news releases, surveillance video and images of robberies and other crimes, as well as police sketches and newspaper articles that described suspects’ clothing. No other sports team comes close.

In other words, since 2000, an average of 10 people per year in a metropolitan area of 14 million have committed crimes or been arrested while wearing the cap of one of that same area's two MLB teams. Boy, when you put it like that, the entire premise for the story becomes ridiculous.

I wish the NYT had taken that final step and given a break down of Yankee apparel arrests out of total arrests over the same period. I'm willing to bet it was .001 percent.

I hate the Yankees as much as anything. But I'm also a newspaper reporter and know a thing or two about putting things in context: this story is bullsh*t.

rominer 

• Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

View Postyazgoesbacklooksupitsgone, on 03 October 2010 - 04:08 PM, said:

I hate the Yankees as much as anything. But I'm also a newspaper reporter and know a thing or two about putting things in context: this story is bullsh*t.

But the underlying premise is accurate: Yankees fans, more often than not, are shitty and worthless human beings.

BigSlick 

• Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

View Postyazgoesbacklooksupitsgone, on 03 October 2010 - 04:08 PM, said:

In other words, since 2000, an average of 10 people per year in a metropolitan area of 14 million have committed crimes or been arrested while wearing the cap of one of that same area's two MLB teams. Boy, when you put it like that, the entire premise for the story becomes ridiculous.

I wish the NYT had taken that final step and given a break down of Yankee apparel arrests out of total arrests over the same period. I'm willing to bet it was .001 percent.

Of course you are correct in everything you wrote. With that said, you are still an asshole for defending Yankee fans :-)

The Ghost of Ned Martin 

• The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Yankee fans, by and large, murder innocent people, torture small, defenseless animals and are, as we speak, planning terrorist attacks across Europe. If you defend Yankee fans then you are defending Evil and should either immediately slit your wrists or hit yourself in the genitals with a sledgehammer.

The Yankees suck and their fans suck just as badly. If the team plane went down in a ball of flames and crashed into Yankee Stadium, the world would immediately be a better and safer place. I hate them more than I hate anything. I want only bad things to happen to all of them. I'm not even going to exclude my best friend from this. He, too, must perish.

The baseball equivalent of AIDS must be eliminated by early October if the planet is to survive.

God spoke to me this evening and told me that He thinks Derek Jeter is over rated.

This post has been edited by The Ghost of Ned Martin: 03 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users