• You cannot reply to this topic

MLB takes financial control of the Dodgers
McCourt had to borrow to make first payroll

RedSoxAnni 

• Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

Major League Baseball takes financial control of the Dodgers from owner Frank McCourt

Selig's complete statement:

"Pursuant to my authority as Commissioner, I informed Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt today that I will appoint a representative to oversee all aspects of the business and the day-to-day operations of the Club. I have taken this action because of my deep concerns regarding the finances and operations of the Dodgers and to protect the best interests of the Club, its great fans and all of Major League Baseball. My office will continue its thorough investigation into the operations and finances of the Dodgers and related entities during the period of Mr. McCourt's ownership. I will announce the name of my representative in the next several days. The Dodgers have been one of the most prestigious franchises in all of sports, and we owe it to their legion of loyal fans to ensure that this club is being operated properly now and will be guided appropriately in the future."

rominer 

• Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

I wonder if MLB would have taken this step if not for the fan incident earlier in the year…which, whether MLB wants to admit it or not, was just an extreme manifestation of the same shit that has been going on at Dodger Stadium for years – and since long before McCourt bought the team.

BigSlick 

• Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

We all think the Red Sox had a crappy start to their season, imagine what it would have been like if McCourt had bought the Sox instead of the Dodgers.

rominer 

• Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

View PostBigSlick, on 21 April 2011 - 01:12 PM, said:

We all think the Red Sox had a crappy start to their season, imagine what it would have been like if McCourt had bought the Sox instead of the Dodgers.

Back when the Sox sale happened, the last thing I wanted was the Hollywood guy who didn't spend on payroll in San Diego and anyone who ever had anything to do with the Marlins. And I was hoping the local guy would win.

I'm a f**king idiot.

MrNewEngland 

• My name is dinosaur and I came here to party.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

Agreed.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users