Sox tickets sold cheap!
Blame the Bruins and Celtics

RedSoxAnni 

• Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Cash in on Red Sox ticket slump

Ace Ticket Worldwide, StubHub and other agencies are selling tickets way below face value amid weak demand.

“Seats are selling for half of what they usually do,” said Jim Holzman of Ace Ticket, which offered tons of cut-rate tickets to last night’s home game against the Minnesota Twins.

Pavilion Club seats carrying a $90 face value were available for just $59, while $75 pavilion box seats were listed for only $35.

"You used to practically have to mortgage your house to buy home-plate seats,” Mike Janes of ticket search engine FanSnap.com said.

But today’s declining demand is putting the Sox’ 651-game home sellout streak in jeopardy. The ballclub broke the MLB record in September 2008.

“I hope the streak doesn’t end during my time here, but I’m not naive enough to think it will never end at all,” said Ron Bumgarner, the team’s senior vice president for ticket sales.

Ace Ticket’s Holzman — who’s “eaten” about 100 unsold tickets per game recently — said prices should shoot back up if the Sox do well on their upcoming road trip.

I guess if Ace keeps eating those tickets the sell-out streak still stands.

Cambridge 

• Front Office
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

I wouldn't buy a ticket from Ace for $1. Any money in their pockets is bad for baseball fans and the sooner they go out of business the better.

jwmann2 

• Draft Choice
  • Group: New Member

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

View PostCambridge, on 10 May 2011 - 07:02 PM, said:

I wouldn't buy a ticket from Ace for $1. Any money in their pockets is bad for baseball fans and the sooner they go out of business the better.

There are thousands of ticket brokers out there. They aren't going anywhere. They're just capitalizing on our demand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users