• You cannot reply to this topic

Anthony Rizzo called up to the Padres
The first in the A-Gon deal to be called up

Hail Cesar 

• Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

It's too bad that the Padres wouldn't take Lars Anderson instead of Rizzo. I mean, Lars is a beast in Pawtucket. Maybe the Red Sox can pull an old bait-and-swtich to replace Lars with Rizzo.

In all seriousness, though, it's a good story and nice to see Rizzo make it to the majors this young especially after all that he's been through.

Rizzo's gonna Friar it up

RedSoxAnni 

• Barmaid
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Front Office

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

Rizzo's debut

Anthony Rizzo made his debut for the Padres last night, going 1 for 2 with a triple and two walks in a 7-3 victory against the Nationals.

Rizzo, a 21-year-old first baseman, is one of the four players the Red Sox traded to San Diego in December to obtain Adrian Gonzalez. He destroyed the Pacific Coast League for two months (.365/.444/.715) before being called up.

In New York with the Red Sox, Gonzalez was rooting Rizzo on.

"I heard that triple was a home run anywhere other than Peto Park," Gonzalez said. "Good for him. I really hope he does well. He's a great kid."

Adrian rehabilitated his shoulder at Petco for much of the winter, working with the San Diego trainers and therapists he knew and trusted. He and Rizzo crossed paths when the Padres hosted a mini-camp for their best prospects.

"He heard I was there and he asked the trainers to make sure we had a chance to meet," Gonzalez said. "He came up and said how much he enjoyed watching me play and asked me for some advice. I told him everything that I could. It was a great conversation."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users