Royal Rooters: Yeah, I'm starting another poll question... - Royal Rooters

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yeah, I'm starting another poll question...
This one may or may not come into play...

Poll: Who pitches Wednesday? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

If the Sox go into Wednesday with a 1 game lead, who pitches?

1. Lester to try to lock up the playoff spot (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Someone else, to hopefully save Lester for Game 1, and if that fails you get Lester for the 1 game playoff (7 votes [63.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

BigSlick 

• Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

I'm going with save Lester for Thursday or Friday with a 1 game lead. If they're tied (or God forbid, down a game) he has to pitch, but the Sox have a better chance of getting to the ALCS if they save Lester for game 1 of the ALDS. I know Lester has been shaky lately, but I'd rather have him go in game 1 than Lackey or Wakefield. With that said, I wouldn't kill Tito for it if he disagreed with me.

Hail Cesar 

• Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:10 AM

I'd go with a "bullpen" game... seeing as how we have some starters in the bullpen now who appear to be better if they only pitch 2 innings. I'd start Wakefield and have him throw 2 innings (with someone ready to go should he get into trouble), followed by Weiland for 2 innings (the guy has actually been okay when it's just the first or second time through the batting order), followed by Aceves for 2 innings, followed by Miller for 2 innings, and a toss-up for the ninth depending on the score of the game.

JMDurron 

• Season Ticket Holder
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

View PostHail Cesar, on 26 September 2011 - 07:10 AM, said:

I'd go with a "bullpen" game... seeing as how we have some starters in the bullpen now who appear to be better if they only pitch 2 innings. I'd start Wakefield and have him throw 2 innings (with someone ready to go should he get into trouble), followed by Weiland for 2 innings (the guy has actually been okay when it's just the first or second time through the batting order), followed by Aceves for 2 innings, followed by Miller for 2 innings, and a toss-up for the ninth depending on the score of the game.

You left out a big name. As I read on the scroll on MLB network last night, during the game that would not end (paraphrasing):

"Clay Buchholz will throw an inning in the Instructional League on Monday, and rejoin the team ON WEDNESDAY."

The last game of the season is Wednesday.

A bullpen game, with Buchholz as the first man to the mound. I would try to turn two Aceves innings into 2 Buchholz innings, because, if there is a 1-game playoff, I want Aceves fresh out of the bullpen. If the Sox are up after 6 innings of Buchholz/Wakefield/Weiland/Miller, then Aceves-Bard-Papelbon go in to close it out as per normal. If tied or behind, let the scrubs take it on the chin and/or wait for the offense to get it done.

NJSoxFan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

I dont think there is ANY way you throw Lester unless you are DOWN going into Wednesday. As long as you are up you gotta save him for the possible 1 game playoff.

acr 

• Clay Buchholz stole my laptop
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

Lester sucks dong anyway

Edmund Dantes 

• No Real Complaints, Only Imaginary Ones.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Barstaff

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

Now need to win out to guarantee at least a playoff right?

#7 User is online  
rominer 

• Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:33 PM

View PostEdmund Dantes, on 26 September 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

Now need to win out to guarantee at least a playoff right?

Or Tampa could start losing.

Go Yankees!

SFFM38 

• AA Portland
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

View Postrominer, on 26 September 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

Or Tampa could start losing.

Go Yankees!

got a question for you man, what happens if the rays and the sox has same record after 162nd game ? Rays would win the WC spot based on regular season series against the RS which is I think 13-7 ?? ( like the 06 Yanks / Red Sox tied for AL East but Yanks wins the Division due having better record )

#9 User is online  
rominer 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

View PostSFFM38, on 26 September 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

got a question for you man, what happens if the rays and the sox has same record after 162nd game ? Rays would win the WC spot based on regular season series against the RS which is I think 13-7 ?? ( like the 06 Yanks / Red Sox tied for AL East but Yanks wins the Division due having better record )

One game playoff in Tampa.

BigSlick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

The better head to head record only matters if it's for the division AND the loser gets the wildcard anyway.

For example, if the Red Sox and Yankees each had 90 wins and tied for the division lead and the 2nd place team in another division had 92 wins, they would have a one game playoff. If the best 2nd place team had 88 wins there would be no one game playoff because they are both going to the playoffs anyway.

SFFM38 

• AA Portland
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

View Postrominer, on 26 September 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

One game playoff in Tampa.

Holyshit, not sure if I can take that kind of shit, I am at loss of words I mean 28 games or so ago we were up in both AL East / WC now to this kind of shit... I don't know if I can forgive this team for totally bombing out like this , if 163rd game does happen then I don't want anyone to come near me LOL! day is gonna be filled with stress and me being in a foul mood!!

BigSlick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

View PostSFFM38, on 26 September 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

if 163rd game does happen then I don't want anyone to come near me LOL! day is gonna be filled with stress and me being in a foul mood!!

You mean you aren't there already?

acr 

• Clay Buchholz stole my laptop
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

It's going to suck to be eliminated for the 2nd time in 4 years in a winner take all game at that shitty dome in front of 9,000 cowbell clanging faggots

BigSlick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

View Postacr, on 26 September 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

It's going to suck to be eliminated for the 2nd time in 4 years in a winner take all game at that shitty dome in front of 9,000 cowbell clanging faggots

What on Earth makes you think this team is going to play well enough over the next 2 days to make it to a 1 game playoff?

Edmund Dantes 

• No Real Complaints, Only Imaginary Ones.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Barstaff

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

Blind optimism and a belief that there is still some magic dust to be found in the seams of the bag of magic dust.

BigSlick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

View PostEdmund Dantes, on 27 September 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Blind optimism and a belief that there is still some magic dust to be found in the seams of the bag of magic dust.

Good enough for me! I'm back in!

#17 User is online  
rominer 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

View PostBigSlick, on 26 September 2011 - 11:24 PM, said:

What on Earth makes you think this team is going to play well enough over the next 2 days to make it to a 1 game playoff?

Because f**k Tampa Bay and that whole shit state.

BigSlick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

View Postrominer, on 27 September 2011 - 04:22 PM, said:

Because f**k Tampa Bay and that whole shit state.

Too late. ED already won me over.

The Ghost of Ned Martin 

• The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

**** the Orioles and especially Buck Showalter. Who the **** is he anyway? He sucked when he managed the Yankees and he sucks now. He will suck until the day he dies, which I hope is today. Seriously, I hope he gets knifed on the way to the park tonight and bleeds out all over the stupid Boog Powell Bar-B-Q Stand...if its still there.

**** the Rays because they play in the worst place in the world. I wouldn't even call it the asshole of the world because that would be an insult to assholes. All I know is those inbred ****ing loser fans can't even show up when a post season birth is on the line. They don't deserve to even have a franchise. In fact, they don't deserve not to have a nuclear bomb dropped on them.

And **** the Red Sox. You weak assed ****ing pussies better find a way to out a few decent games together and you know, actually win. Show some ****ing guts you spineless fairies. I've ****ing had it with the way you all fall into the fetal position when things aren't going well. Hey Carl Crawford? We know you suck but I expect you start playing at a level above Challenger League baseball starting right now shithead. Adrian Gonzalez? This isn't San Diego anymore dipshit. We aren't going to marvel at your stats and ignore that you shit the bed more often in the clutch than MrNE does after a Tequila binge. Hey Lester? Man up ****face. You've faced much tougher things than this so your pussiness in completely inexcusable. Beckett? Put the Big Mac down Tex. You're supposed to be an Ace, right? What happened to the Josh Beckett who kicked ass in 2007? Did you have a sex change operation? I don't care, borrow a sack if your is missing but when this team gets to the post season you better ****ing SHOW UP.

The rest of you? Take your heads out of your asses. You cannot lose to the Orioles ONE MORE TIME. Not happening. Not ever again. Starting tonight, this shit stops.

Play like the ****ing Red Sox will you? 2004 changed everything you assclowns are not going to reverse THAT mojo by choking. Nope. Ain't happening.Not now.

NOT ****ing EVER.

WIN...

ASSHOLES!

This post has been edited by The Ghost of Ned Martin: 27 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

#20 User is online  
rominer 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

F**k you, Terrence Long.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users