Royal Rooters: BOSTON at Baltimore - Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - Royal Rooters

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BOSTON at Baltimore - Wednesday, September 28, 2011
FINAL: O's 4, SOX 3

SFFM38 

• AA Portland
  • PipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:02 AM

View PostRSNLoyalty, on 29 September 2011 - 04:47 AM, said:

My good friend Sean was at the last 3 games...and I focking told him ....have fun ....but I didn't mean "Have fun when we choke the worst choke in regular season history on the last night of the season".

**** em all tonight. This Sept' team didn't deserve ****, but they also didn't need to go down to the final strike and out, regardless of what happened in the other game, equally brutal.

So ****ing glad I focus on New England as #1 instead of the rest of my family. CHRIST. That's stress enough.

Which do u think its worse this one or 1978 1 game tiebreaker ? I wasn't born that year at all, but this FEELS like it!! I just took a look at 2012 calender on redsox.com and now I am getting pissed off more!! we are playing Rays and Orioles more games in Aug/ September 12 than This Aug/September

EDIT: Now, I am even pissed more.. final 3 games of 2012 is showing Sept 28,29 and 30th against the ****ing Orioles!!

This post has been edited by SFFM38: 29 September 2011 - 05:07 AM

SoxAroundTheWorld 

• 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:04 AM

2011 is worse than 1978. In the latter, Sox blew the lead, fell behind and then clawed their way back into the tiebreaker. That clawing back made the sting of the collapse ease a bit. I see no easing of anything in 2011, just a long, sustained and seemingly inevitable slide into a winter of bitterness.

It's my fault. Moved into my new house on August 31...

Go Tigers!

StuckInChiTown 

• 40 Man Roster
  • Group: Visitor from Evil Empire

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

View Postrominer, on 28 September 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

One thing:

To our lone remaining Yankees fan who still occasionally posts here (StuckInChiTown), thanks for being classy.

(Even while I'm wishing death upon your whole team)

Seriously.

There are a whole lot of Yankees fans that I've known in my life who would be in full asshole mode right now, and they, much more than the teams on the field, are the reason I despise the Yankees.

Before I go back off onto one more crazy tirade, I thought that was worth noting. I can't go so far as to say "good luck in the postseason," but, you know, whatever happens happens.

Thanks man, I really enjoy the discussion.

It was a crazy night of baseball. Years after 2004 I still gently reflect on being a part of such a historical moment and the joy it brought to so many. Each time I do, I still taste acid and think “what the f#ck” .

View Postbkzwhitestrican, on 29 September 2011 - 01:33 AM, said:

Even though I am a Yankees fan I still hoped that the Red Sox would make it into the playoffs tonight. I always want to see THE BEST teams playing each other in the postseason. My only regret as a Yankees fan is that my team will not have a chance to face you and prove that they are the best. You can take my post as an insult, a slight, or whatever, but I TRULY wanted the sox to make it because there is nothing i enjoy more than a postseason series between the sox and yanks. Without Boston, this postseason just seems empty...

Yeah, I felt this way for a few seconds. Then I thought about all the 300/30 guys they have...and Beckett and Lester getting right in October. I see your point though, except for the postseason seeming empty...I just can't go that far.

This post has been edited by StuckInChiTown: 29 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

The Ghost of Ned Martin 

• The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostStuckInChiTown, on 29 September 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

Thanks man, I really enjoy the discussion.

It was a crazy night of baseball. Years after 2004 I still gently reflect on being a part of such a historical moment and the joy it brought to so many. Each time I do, I still taste acid and think "what the f#ck" .

I second Rominer's remarks about StuckinChiTown. I have a couple of really good friends who are also very classy.

Still, I am left hoping for the Tigers to put a horrendous beating on your team. it's all I'm holding on to at this point.

That and the fact that God decided that the Sox couldn't win this year.

Which really sucks of Him.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users