The Red Sox related All Purpose Mega Thread
Because it's needed

#1 User is online  
BigSlick 

• Praying to flop a monster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Rooters Supporter

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

There have been many times where I've had a thought about the Sox or found a link to share that wasn't worth starting a new thread over and there was really no place to put it.

That happened again today, so I'm starting this thread. Fill it with anything Sox related that you want to share, it could be a link or a thought that doesn't seem like it needs a new thread.

And now for the reason I'm starting the thread... I just stumbled upon a LIFE magazine collection of 25 pictures of Ted Williams. Most of them I'd never seen before. I think you'll enjoy it.

http://www.life.com/...-hitter#index/0

#2 User is online  
BigSlick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

Gordon Edes makes me feel better about Gonzalez' comments about God after the Sox were eliminated...

http://espn.go.com/b...adrian-gonzalez

SoxAroundTheWorld 

• 25 Man Roster
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

OK. I don't agree with Adrian's belief system, but I'll buy that what he says is consistent with that system. Having been in DC now for over two months, I've heard about an awful lot of even crazier belief systems. Whatever.

coloradojack 

• trust me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:55 AM

This thread is less fun than I thought it would be. Rename it " 2012 offseason retard speculation and cum party" or something.

Manny's PS2 

• Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

I wish God would have helped Gonzo to hit better when it mattered. Perhaps he should switch over to satan next year and see if he gets a better result. After hitting a HR he can point down.

#6 User is online  
BigSlick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:49 AM

Why the f*ck does Red Sox management feel the need to disparage everyone who leaves the organization? It's completely unnecessary. Supposedly they leaked that among the reasons they let Francona go was his marital issues and his use of pain medications. Are we supposed to believe that the Sox aren't in teh playoffs because Tito was spending all of his time either lamenting his situation with his wife or high on pain pills?

Edit: I'm a f*cking genius for creating this thread. You people should join in.

This post has been edited by BigSlick: 12 October 2011 - 01:49 AM

#7 User is online  
rominer 

• Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

View PostBigSlick, on 12 October 2011 - 01:49 AM, said:

Why the f*ck does Red Sox management feel the need to disparage everyone who leaves the organization? It's completely unnecessary. Supposedly they leaked that among the reasons they let Francona go was his marital issues and his use of pain medications. Are we supposed to believe that the Sox aren't in teh playoffs because Tito was spending all of his time either lamenting his situation with his wife or high on pain pills?

I just encountered that little shit nugget over the course of my "Occupy ESPN Boston" protest.

It is idiotic.

Even if it is 100% true that Francona was distracted by marital issues or incapacitated by pain pills, there is absolutely no reason to share that information. It benefits nobody. It damages everybody. It serves no purpose.

I would say that baseball is gay, but the Tigers beat the Rangers tonight, so it's not all bad.

The Ghost of Ned Martin 

• The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

View PostBigSlick, on 12 October 2011 - 01:49 AM, said:

Edit: I'm a f*cking genius for creating this thread. You people should join in.

The more that comes out about the latest edition of our beloved baseball team, the more I think everyone associated with it needs to go. I agree that the Francona stuff is unnecessary and mean spirited but as we know, that is what this dickwad ownership team does. It can never be their fault. It has to be made clear that anyone who is sent packing was taking advantage of the benevolent threesome. After all, the players don't care about us. Neither do the coaches. The ownership, on the other hand, really, really love us and care about us more than life itself.

**** the entire team and the ownership. Especially the players. Gutless, fat, lazy ****s who deserve to playing in places like San Diego, Seattle or Florida.

Oh and I hope the boy genius goes to Chicago and ends up getting gang raped by Steve Bartman, Carlos Zambrano and that cursed goat.

Manny's PS2 

• Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

Twitter told me last night there would be a bombshell in the Globe today. If this is it - who gives a rat's ass? If Tito was hopped up on pain meds and drove the SS Titanic into the iceberg, fire his ass. We have no idea if it was the owners who leaked this or some other dundernugget.

Manny's PS2 

• Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

Here's the Globe "Bombshell": Yet to read it though...
http://www.boston.co...eason_collapse/
Regurgitated crap...Nothing Bombshelly.
Beckett, Lester and Lackey were eating fried chicken, playing video games and drinking beer in the clubhouse. Whoopdeefreakingdoo. I just think of the 77 Yankees, they were snorting blow, fighting their manager - and they won the World Series. If the Sox make the playoffs, we're talking about none of this BS. Sick of the intense scrutiny. Yes, it was inappropriate for those fat asses to be chowing down KFC while their teammates made an art out of losing, but what's the point of beating it into the dirt. I don't really think it's a big deal to drink beer on your day off. But then, i don't think it's a big deal to drink beer for breakfast on a tuesday either. Sure, they are paid to perform, and they didn't down the stretch - I'm willing to bet "winning" teams did the same stuff. The fried chicken, beer and video game routine didn't make the paper when the sox were 9 games up...Did it suddenly render Beckett and Lester useless? I tend to doubt it.

This post has been edited by Manny's PS2: 12 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

The Ghost of Ned Martin 

• The Truth and the Light.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

As Kirk Minihane noted on WEEI.COM this morning, that article reads as if it was dictated to Hohler by Red Sox ownership.

The team's ownership really does think that we Red Sox fans are stupid. And they may be right.

**** them

and **** all of you.

Kid T 

• No soup for you!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

The Globe turned into the National Enquirer overnight. Of course it will play up to Johnny Burger King who will call into WEEI. The stuff on Francona was over the top and irrelevant. If he was on pain killers, and they were prescribed...someone committed a felony by violating HIPPAA. Regardless, he has been using pain killers under prescription for 20 years (even consulting with Red Sox physicians before taking them this year).

As for the other stuff, it's sensationalism. Yeah, no one would care if the Red Sox won...but they didn't and people are trying to figure out why. I don't think Francona taking pain meds was a cause. The rotation guys getting out of shape would.

roidrage 

• Nose Goblin Collector
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

View Postrominer, on 12 October 2011 - 02:12 AM, said:

I would say that baseball is gay, but the Tigers beat the Rangers tonight, so it's not all bad.

So what you are really saying is: there is something wrong with being gay.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 User is online  
rominer 

• Throwing a personal pity party, and everyone's invited.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

View PostKid T, on 12 October 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

The Globe turned into the National Enquirer overnight.

I think worse than deciding to a big mudslinging expose is that it's five pages of regurgitated crap.

The big revelations are that Francona had his knee drained five times, there was fried chicken to go with the beer and video games, and the players own some nice headphones.

Otherwise, it's "let's piece together everything that we've already heard and pretend to fit it into a coherent narrative, when, in fact, we're offering very little context for any of this."

Even that's not accurate. "Out of context" would be closer. The Wakefield and Gonzalez comments after the season was over rubbed people the wrong way. Of course. Wakefield came across as selfish. Gonzalez came across as trying to avoid responsibility. But those quotes came after the last game. The Globe tell all portrays those quotes as coming in the midst of the collapse.

The whole thing is just garbage. Forget quality journalism, it's not even quality yellow journalism.

This post has been edited by rominer: 12 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

Manny's PS2 

• Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

I hope Beckett, Lester and Lackey learn from their mistakes and start snorting Ritalin. They won't be fat, and they will have the brain and dexterity of a Wizard. In short, the Red Sox should probably strike a deal with all ADD pharmaceutical companies.

Take Ritalin and play like a wizard.

Hail Cesar 

• Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

View PostManny, on 12 October 2011 - 02:59 PM, said:

I hope Beckett, Lester and Lackey learn from their mistakes and start snorting Ritalin. They won't be fat, and they will have the brain and dexterity of a Wizard. In short, the Red Sox should probably strike a deal with all ADD pharmaceutical companies.

Take Ritalin and play like a wizard.

Your humor is, apparently, way over my head.

Either that or I'm not funny.

It's most likely the later. MLW will agree.

Manny's PS2 

• Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

Ritalin>Beer/Chicken for athletic endeavors. Snorting Ritalin is ramping up the effect of the joke. That's the extra special Manny touch - ask your mom, she can tell you all about my extra special touch.

Hail Cesar 

• Rooters Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Royal Rooters

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

View PostManny, on 12 October 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

Ritalin>Beer/Chicken for athletic endeavors. Snorting Ritalin is ramping up the effect of the joke. That's the extra special Manny touch - ask your mom, she can tell you all about my extra special touch.

I asked my mom, but she said that your mom would know better than she would.

I still fail to see how Ritalin = wizardry. If Ritalin really does = wizardry, then I would consider taking it because I want to grow a long white beard and wear funny hats.

Manny's PS2 

• Bippity Boppity Boo
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

View PostHail Cesar, on 12 October 2011 - 03:20 PM, said:

I asked my mom, but she said that your mom would know better than she would.

I still fail to see how Ritalin = wizardry. If Ritalin really does = wizardry, then I would consider taking it because I want to grow a long white beard and wear funny hats.

Wizardry came to mind because one time I was hanging out with a friend. He told me his doctor had prescribed ritalin for his adult add. He was mid-dissertation and told me that when he took ritalin, it was as if he suddenly became a wizard - he finished his dissertation, rewired his house, started keeping bees, started a still and began his own coffee roasting business in the span of a few months. So that's where the idea of "wizard" came from. You see, I lead a very rich and fruitful life and run into wizards and hobos at every turn. Trust me, it's pretty awesome being me. Plus, I will be Voldemort for Halloween, so there's that.

#20 User is online  
BigSlick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

View PostManny, on 12 October 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

Plus, I will be He who's name shall not be spoken for Halloween, so there's that.

Fixed. Please don't make the same mistake again.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users